On Palm Sunday 2016 Andrew Gardner looks at Isaiah 53 and the description of The Suffering Servant.
Andrew Gardner looks at Isaiah 52:13 – 53:12 and these words:
He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
Ian Higginbotham looks at 10 scriptures from 3 different perspectives that show the Lamb of God to be at the heart of God’s kingdom.
Unfortunately, for technical reasons, the first few minutes of this message are missing which is the introduction. The recording starts with the first scripture of the first perspective.
The scriptures and their perspective are listed below to give a complete message.
GOD REVEALS THE LAMB
- The necessity of the Lamb (Genesis 4)
- The provision of the Lamb (Genesis 22)
- The sacrifice of the Passover Lamb (Exodus 12)
- The character of the Lamb (Leviticus)
- The Person of the Lamb (Isaiah 53)
- The identity of the Lamb (John 1)
- The Christhood of the Lamb (Acts 8 )
- The Resurrection of the Lamb (1 Peter)
- The enthronement of the Lamb (Rev 5)
- The eternal kingship of the Lamb (Rev 21-22)
MORE ABOUT THE LAMB
- The Lamb is our Propitiation (Genesis 4)
- The Lamb is our Substitution (Genesis 22)
- The Lamb is our Protection (Exodus 12)
- The Lamb brings our absolution (Leviticus)
- The Lamb is our expiation (Isaiah 53)
- The Lamb removes our sin (John 1)
- The Lamb brings personal salvation (Acts 8 )
- The Lamb brings redemption (1 Peter)
- The Lamb will be the centre of Government (Rev 5)
- The Lamb will be the focus of eternal glory (Rev 21-22)
RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LAMB
- Abel’s Lamb was for sin (Genesis 4)
- Abraham’s Lamb for one person (Genesis 22)
- The Passover Lamb for the family (Exodus 12)
- The Lamb for the Jewish Nation (Leviticus)
- The Lamb for many nations (Isaiah 53)
- The Lamb for the whole world (John 1)
- The Lamb for the individual (Acts 8 )
- The Lamb for all history (1 Peter)
- The Lamb for the whole Universe (Rev 5)
- The Lamb for all time (Rev 21-22)
Ian Clarkson continues our Focus on the Cross series.
In this message Ian is looking at Isaiah 53.